Friday 7 June 2013

Starting on a high - fabulous day at the AOI Licensing Illustration...Part 1

I signed up for this event months ago when I didn't know where the heck I was heading. But my instincts served me right as it was the best day I've had in a long long time. There was so much good vibes, the sun was shining, the connections were fab and I left my comfort zone...seriously I got my butt off that comfy zone.

The day started with a talk from Vicki Willden-Lebrecht from the Bright Group. Funnily enough they were my agent for a while, although nothing major happened.  I was going through a really tough time, moving house, being a newish mother etc. I now realise I just wasn't in a receptive mood to produce focused work. Vicki talked about developing the artist as a brand & as a person, providing support & connection. This was great to hear and also a 
reoccurring theme for almost all the speakers.







Next up was the talk from Robert Landis who talked about intellectual property...A dry subject that I would normally run away from & hide. But he did a marvellous job of presenting the info & I learnt loads of new info.

Lunch was a quick walk round Covent Garden, where I popped into Paperchase & looked at their wares with new eyes - licensing is BIG news, its really booming
.

No comments:

Post a Comment