Monday 8 July 2013

Food miles 'game' that I actually painted...

Its been a while - I realised i was trying to do tooo much. So I took some time out to slow things down...a little.

Last week I did do something rather creative & unexpected. My other half is in the steering group for Hertford (UK) Transition. They were taking part in Hertford Carnival and he wanted me to come up with a low tech interactive map for kids...using a grape & straws (paper of course as we like to be sustainable)

The aim was to blow the grape from distant corners of the globe eg New Zealand apples all the way to England.


 


This was the first time I'd painted for 'pleasure' for an age - it felt good. I got messy, my jeans were ruined so was our patio table but by heck it really did feel good.


No comments:

Post a Comment